What Is Ecommerce? How To Build A Successful eCommerce Brand In 2018! E-commerce is a new concept that explains the process of selling, buying or exchanging products, services and information through computer networks, including the Internet. There are several views in order to define this word:
– The world of communications defines electronic commerce as a means of delivering information, services or products via telephone lines, computer networks or through any technical means.
– From the business point of view, it is the process of applying technology to make business transactions automatic and fast.
– While services define e-commerce as a tool to meet the desires of companies, consumers and managers in reducing the cost of service and raising their piles and accelerate the delivery of the service.
– Finally, the Internet world knows about trade that opens the 7 Figure Cycle way for the sale and purchase of products, services and information over the Internet.
The field of e-commerce
- 1 The field of e-commerce
- 1.1 Sections of e-commerce applications
Many people think that e-commerce is just getting a website, but it is much larger. There are a lot of e-commerce applications such as online banks, online shopping malls, stock buying, job search, auctions and collaboration with other individuals in a research job. In order to implement these implementations, it is necessary to obtain supportive information, systems and infrastructure.
E-commerce applications are supported by infrastructure. The performance of these applications requires reliance on four important axes:
2) Public policy
3) Technical standards and protocols
4) Other companies
Sections of e-commerce applications
Electronic commerce applications are divided into three parts:
1) Buying and selling products and services which is called the online market.
2) Facilitate and manage the flow of information, communication and cooperation between companies and between different parts of a single company
3) Provide customer service
The market is a place of transactions, transactions and relationships for the exchange of products, services, information and funds. When the market is electronic, the trade center is not a building or the like, but a network store with commercial transactions. The participants in the electronic marketplace are sellers, buyers and samars, not only in different places but rarely knowing each other. Ways of communication between individuals in the online market vary from individual to individual and from case to case.
Information systems between institutions and electronic markets
Interogranization Information Systems are based on the exchange and flow of information between two or more organizations. Its primary purpose is to effectively discharge transactions such as sending money orders, bills and bills through external networks. In these 7 Figure Cycle Review systems, all the relations between the parties concerned have been agreed upon in advance. There are no further negotiations but only the implementation of what has been agreed in advance. While buyers and sellers in electronic markets negotiate, bid, price, agree on a certain bill and execute the agreement online or offline. Inter-enterprise systems are used only in corporate applications for companies, while electronic markets are used in enterprise applications for companies and in corporate applications for consumers.
Inter-institutional information systems
Inter-institutional information systems (IT) are a system that connects multiple business entities and often involves a company, its supplier and its consumer. Through inter-institutional information systems, vendors and buyers can organize and arrange routine business transactions. Information is exchanged through appropriately configured communication networks so that telephones, paper documents and business contacts are not used. Previously, inter-institutional information systems were implemented through private telecommunications networks, but the trend now is to use the Internet for these purposes.
Types of inter-institutional information systems:
– EDI Electronic Data Interchange (EDI): Provides enterprise-to-business connectivity to companies through value-added networks.
– Extranet: which provides the connection of companies to companies securely over the Internet
– Electronic Funds Transfer Electronic Funds Transfer
– Electronic Forms
– Integrated communication: is the process of sending emails and fax documents through a unified system of electronic transmission.
– Shared databases: where information stored in the databases is subject to inspection by all parties involved in the trade. The purpose of such sharing is to reduce the time required to send and receive data if the data is not open to all. And the cross-section is conducted over additional networks.
– Supply chain management: Bitcoin Code is the cooperation between companies, suppliers and consumers in the field of demand forecasting, inventory management and termination of commercial applications, which leads to the reduction of stored goods and to accelerate the shipment of goods and to allow the immediate processing
The difference between pure electronic commerce and micro-electronic commerce
There are several forms of electronic commerce depending on the degree of product technology and process technology and the technology of the broker or agent. See the following image:
Any commodity is either tangible or digital, and any agent is either tangible or digital and any process is either tangible or digital. Accordingly, we have a cubic shape with 8 cubes divided between the three parts.
Trade is divided into three sections
1) Traditional trading
2) E-commerce purely
3) Partial e-commerce
When the agent is tangible, concrete commodity and concrete process, the trade type will be pure traditional trade. When the agent is digital and digital goods are digital operation, the trade type will be purely electronic commerce. If one of the three factors became digital and the rest concrete, there would be a mix between traditional commerce and electronic commerce. We call this combination: partial electronic commerce. For example, if you buy a book from the Amazon site, the trade type is partial electronic commerce because the company will send you the book by mail. But if you buy software from the Amazon site, the type of trade is purely electronic commerce because the company will send you software via the Internet or email. The scope of e-commerce is wide, even the purchase of a cola from a smart card device is part of electronic commerce.